- 3 ¼ cups (750 ml) light cream
- 3 ¼ cups (750 ml) chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 carrots scrubbed, ends trimmed
- ½ leek
- 4 tbs chopped fresh garlic
- ¼ cup (50 gr) tomato paste
- ¼ cup (50 gr) butter or olive oil
Cut carrots and leek in julienne. Melt butter in a large deep skillet. Add garlic, carrot and leek and sauté until translucent. Pour in broth and cream. Add tomato paste and stir until resolved. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until vegetables are tender but still firm to the bite. Add salt and pepper according your taste.
You can add also small tomato cubes or small blanched potato cubes.
This is a Black Forest Restaurant original Recipe. If you like to use this recipe commercially or distribute it, please contact us for our permission.